SECTION 1 – WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of Personal Information we may collect about you include:
- Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details (through our third party payment processor).
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password when you create an account on our website, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
SECTION 2 – HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
- From publicly available sources: We collect personal data from publicly available resources such as professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
SECTION 3 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the purposes for which we plan to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Purpose of use / disclosure
Type of Personal Information
To enable you to access and use our website, including to provide you with a login.
To provide our Services to you, including to dispatch and deliver our products to you.
To contact and communicate with you about our Services including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us.
To contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via our website.
For internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes.
For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms.
For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information that we consider may be of interest to you.
To run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you.
If you have applied for employment with us, to consider your employment application.
To comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.
SECTION 4 – HOW AND WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers such Shopify, Google;
- marketing or advertising providers such as Facebook, Google;
- delivery or logistics providers who deliver our goods to you;
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- payment systems operators such as e.g. Stripe, PayPal;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Meta Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses]; and
any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Google Analytics: We may have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features including Remarketing Features, Advertising Reporting Features, Demographics and Interest Reports, Store Visits, Google Display Network Impression reporting etc.. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
SECTION 5 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read:
- Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms); or
- Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 6 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your Personal Information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 7 – OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. We will only disclose your personal information overseas in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
SECTION 8 – STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
SECTION 9 – LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECTION 10 - COOKIES
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our online Services and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. These cookies enable us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Characteristics and Use
Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.).
Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
Stores information about the contents of your cart.
If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
This cookie stores the currency used for the website (AUD).
This cookie stores the language used for the website (English).
This cookie contains a unique ID to support functions (for example, last viewed products) to improve user experience.
This cookie is stored once the user has completed or closed the Register Pop Up, preventing it from re-appearing until after 7 days.
_ga / _gid / _gat
These cookies are used by our Google Analytics account to track customer traffic through the website to help us understand how our website is being used by our customers.
SECTION 11 – YOUR RIGHTS IN CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
SUSUKOSHI PTY LTD
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
SUSUKOSHI PTY LTD - Unit 11 / 14-26 Audsley Street, Clayton South, VIC 3169.
Last update: 24 March 2023